HLTAID003 Provide first aid
* Showing 3 months only Show more than 3 months
|First Aid (2 day)||Fri 31st Dec (2 days)||Corporate (CDSC), Yuendumu||Private||0900-1530||Details|
Show less courses
This course is conducted under the auspices of APL Group Pty Ltd RTO 3586 t/as LivCor, who will be responsible for the quality and direction of all accredited training and assessment conducted by Redpath Education., as well as the issuing of Statements of Attainment for the units of competency on LivCor's scope.
First Aid (HLTAID003 Provide First Aid) qualifications should be renewed every three years, with refresher training in HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) undertaken annually. ref; NT WorkSafe - Code of Practice for First Aiders.
This course applies to a wide range of settings where first aid emergencies may occur. It is relevant for people working in education, aged and community care, sport, outdoor recreation, travel and tourism, hospitality, industry enterprises as well as in home or other environments, delivered in town or at remote locations, and can also be tailored to suit your specific requirements.
There are no prerequisite units. Participants will need the ability to meet the physical demands of providing first aid. Participants will also need oral communication skills to make an accurate verbal report to emergency services and workplace supervisor. Prior to the start of face-to-face practical training, there may be a short knowledge quiz to check language, literacy and numeracy skills, as required.
Training and assessment arrangements:
This accredited course is delivered in English (unless otherwise arranged), and delivered over two (2) days, providing participants with the knowledge and skills to confidently recognise and respond to an emergency situation requiring first aid. All courses are conducted either on site or at our training rooms, at a time to suit the facility or the majority of the participants. Applicants must possess functional written and spoken English skills.
- One Day course with on-line learning completed prior to the one-day practical workshop.
- Two Day course (7hrs each day over 2 days) to support LLN needs of participants, or remote area time constraints.
- Other course formats we deliver courses in various formats to meet the needs of workplaces and the participants, please contact us to discuss your needs.
This two day course is designed to support participants who believe they will have difficulty completing the on-line learning and knowledge assessment, or may require additional LLN assistance. The Two day course is specifically designed for delivery in remote locations where workplace or other time restrictions preclude full day attendance. You will be answering knowledge questions verbally, and recording answers in writing, at various times during training. You will have opportunities to discuss and reflect on your performance during the course, to enable you to demonstrate the requisite practical skills and respond appropriately to written and oral questions.
Our First Aid educator observes the participants application of skills and knowledge throughout the face to face practical sessions, during simulated emergency scenarios, contextualised to the candidate's workplace/community settings, and other skill stations both on and off the floor.
Participants will need the ability to meet the physical demands of providing resuscitation. CPR assessment requires candidates to perform at least two (2) minutes of single rescuer uninterrupted CPR on an adult resuscitation manikin placed on the floor and an infant resuscitation manikin placed on a firm surface. Participants will also work in a small team to demonstrate a rotation of operators with minimal interruptions to compression's, while applying an AED during an emergency CPR scenario, on an adult resuscitation manikin placed on the floor.
|Before the course (emailed)||During the course|
You will have opportunities to discuss and reflect on your performance during the course, to support you to provide first aid appropriately.
We send your emails and reminder sms messages to your nominated mobile and email contact (as you provide in your enrolment form), please ensure you check your junk and spam email folders.
Students under 14 years of age must provide written permission to attend the course from their parent or guardian.
Fees are payable though the website or at our office by credit card (Visa/MC), cash or purchase order, and may be tax deductible to eligible students. Should the NT Government and industry bodies make Scholarships available, we will assist you to apply.
Click here to read the payment terms and conditions.
- Classes on campus or at your workplace, on schedule or after hours
- Class size is limited to a max of 12 participants - unless otherwise arranged
- Learning program integrated with the development or review of Emergency Plans is price on application
- Remote travel is additional to the course cost, and will be quoted on request
Text Books & Learning support
All participants receive a hard copy reference book to assist you in maintaining your knowledge over time. LLN support can be provided to participants on request, which includes additional face to face time with the trainer/assessor.
1 competency unit is required for award of this qualification, with content including:
- Principles of First Aid, legal issues
- Infectious Diseases and Hygiene
- Basic Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Management of Conscious and Unconscious Casualties
- Airway Management
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation
- Fractures and Soft Tissue Injuries
- Head Injuries
- Ear, Eye and Facial Injuries
- Chest, Pelvic and Spinal Injuries
- Diabetes, Epilepsy, Stroke, Asthma
- Heart Conditions
- Environmental Exposure (hot and cold)
- Poisons, Bites and Stings
Also encompassing an introduction to use of the Epi-Pen, the Automated External Defibrillation (AED) and special needs of remote area practice.
- Go here to download your Student Handbook
- Go here to download your Student Portal Guide
- Go here for more Student services and information
Remote travel is additional to the course cost, and will be quoted on request.