These are some of the commonly asked questions about training courses, products and procedures by students and employers. If you can't find an answer to your question on this page, please contact us. The information on our website is not necessarily comprehensive or up-to-date, we provide this information as a guide only and make no warranty or representation regarding the accuracy of information on this web page.
Frequently asked questions about training and courses...
- Why have first aid unit codes changed?... On 12 August 2020 the Australian Industry and Skills Committee (AISC) endorsed the release of new versions of eight first aid units. For example HLTAID003 Provide first aid is superseded by HLTAID011 Provide First Aid (ref; ACECQA newly endorsed first aid units)
- What first aid course do I need?... - This can be complicated... but your employer, workplace or licensing body generally specify the level and type of first aid required, but this may vary, so best to ask your employer. For example In the NT, Childcare Educators and School Teachers generally require HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting (ref; ACECQA list of approved qualifications), while other workplaces generally require HLTAID011 Provide First Aid (supersedes HLTAID003), with HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (supersedes HLTAID001) refreshed annually.
- Is the HLTAID011 Provide First Aid course the same as other courses such as "Senior First Aid"? - The Code Of Practice for First Aid on the NT Worksafe website notes that "First aiders should hold nationally recognised Statement/s of Attainment issued by a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) for the nationally endorsed first aid unit/s of competency", currently HLTAID011 Provide First Aid provides successful learners with this "... nationally recognised Statement of Attainment".
- I've just got a reminder, what does a "refresher" or "renewal" of my First Aid mean? - The Code Of Practice for First Aid recommends that First Aid (HLTAID011 Provide First Aid) qualifications should be renewed every three years, with refresher training in CPR (HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) undertaken annually, this is why you have a reminder. To do a "full" or "refresher" course book on our website on our list of upcoming courses page, our courses perform the role of both "full" and "refresher" training.
- Does your first aid course include CPR?... - These three (3) units; HLTAID011 Provide First Aid + HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation + HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support are identified on the first aid "certificate", so... yes.
- Does your childcare first aid course include CPR?... - These two (2) units; HLTAID012 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting + HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation, are identified on the first aid "certificate", so... yes.
- Why am I receiving SMS (TEXT) messages?... - our system sends a WELCOME sms within 24hrs of processing a booking, in case you didn't get your Course email. Because you're busy and might forget, our system will also sends REMINDER sms’s, to complete your precourse assessments.
- Why didn't I receive my login email or my course email, or my certificate on completion?...
- it's not uncommon for Gmail and especially Hotmail to send these emails to your JUNK or SPAM folder, please check these folders before contacting us, also
- please login to your LIVCOR on-line learning link, to see if your certificate has been issued, and
- check your USI and all other data is complete and correct, see; CERTIFICATES below.
- Why didn't my booking work? - we receive an email (system notification) when the Booking page is successfully completed, then a second email (system notification) when the enrolment page is completed, successful enrolments show in our TMS (Training Management System) report. Then we validate data as we process bookings/enrolments, then email the course info and invoices. We also go through system emails to reconcile Enrolments as we process them, this way we can follow up on Bookings with failed Enrolments and/or invalid data. If your Booking failed you will receive an "INCOMPLETE Booking..." email, to the email address you provided in your Booking form.
- Do I get a discount for.... ?.... - If a discount applies to a course, you will be offered the discount when you login and book your course.
- How can you deliver a one day training course?... - we deliver training in one-day or multi-day formats, depending on learner access to internet, support needs and other factors, these are . The one day course is delivered in a mixed modality, meaning you must complete an online learning and questions part before you attend the one day face to face practical session. The total volume of training is the same for the respective course, in either one day or multi-day format, but you don't stop the in class practical activities to do a theory assessment in the one day course.
- How can I pay my invoice?... - if you did not pay your invoice when you enrolled, or are a business and want to pay your invoice on-line, go to our SECURE PAYMENT page https://redpatheducation.com.au/payment/ . If you are an individual or a business and want to pay by EFT, please include your INVOICE NUMBER in your EFT transaction details.
- Why do I need a USI?... - Unless you have received total exemption from your VET Regulator, the USI initiative requires that RTOs collect and validate USI and other data under Commonwealth legislation.
- I've forgotten my USI, how do I get my USI?... - If you don’t know your USI, you can recover it by using your mobile phone number, or other methods you can read about on the USI website here and then go here to recover your USI.
- Common problems with failed USI data validation (matching)... The data entered at enrolment or in your training portal MUST be EXACTLY as you provided to the USI database when you originally applied for your USI, irrespective or any spelling, format (including spaces, capitalisation, etc) or other naming errors you may have made on application. If you have changed your name, you MUST use the name you provided to the USI database when you originally applied for your USI. If your data does not validate, contact www.usi.gov.au and find out what is in your first name field, middle name field and last name field, and the format of your name (upper, lower case & spaces). Do not type your name, copy and paste the data as its supplied to you by email/sms from www.usi.gov.au.
- Can I use my University Student Number as my USI number?... - No, your USI is a unique identifier you receive when you apply at www.usi.gov.au , you can find more information here; https://www.usi.gov.au/about.
- Why didn't I receive my Certificate by email?... - We aim for a 99% turnaround in 14 days from course date for Certificates, common reasons for delay are; unpaid account + invalid or incomplete enrolment details or USI + invalid or wrong email + Certificates are in Junk or Spam folders, incomplete or unsigned assessments. Your RTO must validate the USI before issuing a qualification or statement of attainment for any nationally recognised training.
- I'm an employer, can I get a copy of my employees First Aid Certificate?... - only "..... if the leaner has given written approval". VET training is regulated by the Fed Gov body ASQA, their requirement is; “You may issue a copy of a learner’s qualification or statement of attainment to another party, such as an employer, if the leaner has given written approval….”. All Training Organisations and RTO’s are bound by the same regulations.
- My First Aid certificate has expired, what do I do? - First Aid certificates expire every three years, and CPR certificates annually. To do a "full" or "refresher" course book on our website on our list of upcoming courses page, our courses perform the role of both "full" and "refresher" training.
- Redpath Education follows the direction of ASQA (the national regulator for vocational education and training), as well as our RTO's, and the information provided by the Federal Gov on the www.health.gov.au website, and the information provided by the NT Gov on the https://coronavirus.nt.gov.au/ website, when planning and delivering your training.
- CHO Directions specific to delivery of training includes but not limited to:
- Follow this link to view our NT COVID-19 Safety Plan and NT Statement of Commitment.
- When you book training, please advise if:
- “you or someone close to you travelled from any overseas country in the last month?”, If the answer is ‘yes’, please book your face-to-face training day more than 14 days from the time of your booking. You may begin your on-line self-paced pre-work at any time.
"you present with any flu-like symptoms (sore throat, coughing, shortness of breath, fever)", you will be asked to absent yourself from that class and obtain a medical certificate showing you are free of COVID-19 to attend a later class. As stated in our current policy, If you need to reschedule your course to care for yourself or a family member due to illness, your transfer or cancellation is free of charge.
We have strategies in place to ensure First Aid training is a safe activity, strict hygiene measures are in place for all practical skill training and assessment.
These include but are not limited to:
- all equipment and contact surfaces (ie; tables, chairs, door handles, kettles etc) are cleaned with Clinell Universal wipes prior and post training
- each student will use the Aqium Antibacterial Hand Sanitiser provided in class, prior to commencing their practical training or assessment activity.
- all manikin faces are cleaned and disinfected prior to each course, with single use disposable face shields used on the Infant manikin, and individual Aero CPR masks supplied to each learner for use during the Child and Adult CPR sessions.
- new lungs bag systems fitted are to manikins for each class
- use of single-use disposable spacers for asthma practical skill training
- use of single-use Ansell Multi Sensitive (Nitrile) disposable gloves for activities involving touching (choking scenario, wound management, bleeding control … )
- all staff have completed the COVID-19 infection control training - this online training module is for health care workers in all settings. It covers the fundamentals of infection prevention and control for COVID-19.
- If you do not wish to perform ventilation's during CPR, you may be issued a Statement of Attendance instead of the unit of competency attainment.
- These resources and others can be found on the www.health.gov.au website, ie;
- These resources provide information about getting vaccinated against influenza in 2020
- These information resources provide information about Covid-19
- If you are concerned you may have COVID-19, use the symptom checker on healthdirect
- National Coronavirus Helpline - Call this line if you are seeking information on coronavirus (COVID-19). The line operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week; 1800 020 080 - View contact