UETTDRRF06 Perform rescue from a live LV panel + HLTAID001 Cardio pulmonary resuscitation
Show less courses
There don't seem to be any scheduled courses that meet your criteria.
If the scheduled course dates and times don't meet your needs, or if there are no scheduled courses. You can contact us now!
This course is conducted under the auspices of Allens Training Pty Ltd - RTO 90909, who will be responsible for the quality and direction of all accredited training and assessment conducted by Redpath Education., as well as the issuing of Statements of Attainment for the units of competency on LivCor's scope.
The CPR and LVR course is essential if you are conducting live work or working with live switchboards. The course covers the performance of rescue procedures from a live Low Voltage (LV) apparatus, not including overhead lines and underground cables in the workplace.
It specifies the mandatory requirements of rescue from a live LV panel and how they apply in the context of transmission, distribution or rail work functions. It encompasses responsibilities for, health, safety and risk management processes at all operative levels and adherence to safety practices as part of the normal way of doing work.
Completing the course will provide an individual with the skills and knowledge to carry out and complete the LV panel rescue procedures and to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) on a casualty in a range of situations. It consists of real-life practical skills and knowledge to allow the participant to be assessed as competent in providing CPR in line with Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines as well as rescue procedures from a LV apparatus.
Low voltage rescue comprises responsive operations that involve the saving of life, or prevention of injury during an incident or dangerous situation
Training and assessment arrangements:
This accredited course is delivered in one five and a half (5.5) hour session, which provides successful participants with the knowledge and skills to confidently and safely confine emergencies and use initial response equipment.
The course is conducted in English with training delivered face to face, either on site or at our training rooms, at a time to suit the facility or the majority of the participants. The course includes audio visual and written materials, and industry and individual participants are encouraged to include policies, procedures and documentation from their workplace, to better contextualise their learning.
Our educator assesses the participants application of skills and knowledge throughout the face to face session, through scenario, skill stations, written assessment and evacuation undertaken during the session, ie;
- Performance tasks:
- Perform CPR on an infant
- Inspection and placement of rescue equipment and performing a rescue
- Practical scenarios:
- Perform CPR on an adult
- Low voltage panel rescue
- Theory assessment - A written assessment consisting of short answer and multiple-choice questions. The student must complete all assessment questions.
The course may be delivered and assessed in a format supportive of the needs of ESL participants, and delivered in remote locations where workplace or other time restrictions preclude full day attendance.
Students under 14 years of age must provide written permission to attend the course from their parent or guardian.
- Physical capability to be able to meet the demands of the practical demonstration skills including CPR (Important note: In order to issue an accredited certificate CPR must be performed on the floor with no exemptions)
- Physical fitness to be able to meet the demands of the practical demonstration skills including manual handling in the rescue of a mock casualty
- Sufficient English language, literacy, numeracy and visual interpretation skills to successfully complete the course
- Personal safety equipment (PPE) must be provided by the student and worn during practical sessions
Educators and learning support:
Training is conducted in English and participants should possess functional written and spoken English skills. The course is delivered by local, Industry experts and qualified Tutors, who hold a current Police Clearance, understand the context of practice and embrace the principles of cultural safety in their teaching.
Fees are payable though the website or at our office by credit card (Visa/MC), cash or purchase order, and may be tax deductible to eligible students. Should the NT Government and industry bodies make Scholarships available, we will assist you to apply.
Click here to read the payment terms and conditions.
- Classes on campus or at your workplace, on schedule or after hours
- Class size is limited to a max of 12 participants - unless otherwise arranged
- Learning program integrated with the development or review of Emergency Plans is price on application
- Remote travel is additional to the course cost, and will be quoted on request
All aspects of this course will be undertaken in accordance with legislative requirements, organisational policies and procedures and accepted safe practices.
Participants in this course will learn how to effectively
- Applying Work, Health and Safety (WHS)/Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) requirements
- Communicating with occupants, emergency personnel and stakeholders
- Complying with facility policies and procedures
- Giving and following instruction
- Prepare to perform rescue procedures from live LV panel
- Inspect and place rescue equipment
- Carry out rescue from live LV panel
- Identify and label the isolation point
- Perform a rescue from a low voltage (LV) panel in accordance with workplace procedures
- Reporting facility emergency response
- Perform CPR procedures
- Respond appropriately in the event of regurgitation or vomiting
- Manage the unconscious breathing casualty
- Follow the prompts of an automated external defibrillator (AED)
- Demonstrated safe manual handling techniques
- Communicate details of the incident
Additional information on accredited training can be found at Training.gov.au.
Remote travel is additional to the course cost, and will be quoted on request.