Food safety practices
|Location||Course Date||Price||Closing Date||Available||Details||Book|
If the scheduled course dates and times don't meet your needs, or if there are no scheduled courses.
You can contact us now!
This course provides you with the knowledge and skill to confidently carry out basic food safety practices including personal hygiene when working in a food service environment. This course supports the implementation of national and state food safety legislation and regulations and is based on the national Food Safety Guideline Competency Standards. Additional information for this HLTFS207C Follow basic food safety practices unit of competence and on other accredited training can be found at Training.gov.au. This course delivered under agreement with STePS Education & Training - RTO: 1847, is suitable for the general public, students and corporate clients delivered in town or at remote locations, and can be tailored to suit your specific requirements.
Recognition Prior Learning (RPL), Credit Transfer (CT) and National Recognition
The program will be pre-empted by any learning achieved through formal education and training (credit transfer) and learning achieved outside the formal education and training system (RPL), or recognition of AQF qualifications and statements of attainment issued by training organisations registered in any Australian jurisdiction as described in the Student Handbook.
Training and assessment arrangements:
This accredited course is delivered in three (3) formats, all of which provide participants with the knowledge and skills to confidently carry out basic food safety practices.
- One Day course with workbook completed prior to the workshop.
- Two Day course (one full + one 1/2 day) to support ESL participants in remote areas
- Three day course (3hrs each day over 3 days) specifically designed for delivery in remote areas
The one day course is conducted in English and applicants must possess functional written and spoken English skills. Practical training will be delivered face to face, either on site or at our training rooms. The practical training is delivered in one session of eight (8) hours, at a time to suit the facility or the majority of the participants.
The on-line "workbook" (including video and written material) can be progressed in one or multiple logon/logoff sessions, provides a self paced flexible method of learning the theory of Food Safety in the comfort of one's own home, at work, or wherever an internet connection is available. Our Food Safety educator assesses the participants skills and knowledge throughout the one-day face to face session, and competence in applying Food Safety through various scenarios and skill stations.
The two day course (one full + one 1/2 day) is designed to support ESL participants, with theory assessments delivered verbally to participants on prior arrangement.
The three day course (3hrs each day over 3 days) is specifically designed for delivery in remote locations where workplace or other time restrictions preclude full day attendance, with theory assessments delivered verbally to participants on prior arrangement.
Students under 14 years of age must provide written permission to attend the course from their parent or guardian..
Educators and learning support:
The course is delivered by local, qualified industry professionals, who recognise the needs of the individuals and embrace the principles of cultural safety in their teaching.
Course fee:Fees are payable though the website, at our Offices and may be tax deductible to eligible students. All fees must be paid before a Certificate or Statement of Attainment is issued. Pre-payment secures your enrolment for this course.
- $195 per participant ($185 on-line pre-paid booking) one day course min 5 participants
- Corporate class bookings (POA) - max 12 per class with split classes up to 25 participants
- Classes at our training room or at your workplace, on schedule or after hours
- Class size is limited to a max of 12 participants - unless otherwise arranged
Remote travel is additional to the course cost, and will be quoted on request
All participants must complete a workbook of pre-reading and theory assessment, available on-line, or hardcopy from our office, prior to the day of the course. LLN support can be provided to participants on request, which includes additonal face to face time with the trainer/assessor on completion of the one day session
What to bring:
Appropriate clothing for bending and floor work, photo ID, and your completed workbook
1 competency unit is required for award of this competency, with content including:
- Handle food according to the food safety program
- Infection risks, risk control and minimising contamination
- Susceptible hosts and at risk groups
- Identify and report processes and practices which are not consistent with the food safety program
- Protocols to take corrective action, according to the food safety program
- Comply with personal hygiene standards, health, illness and reporting procedures
- Protective clothing and equipment
- Contaminated and clean zones
- Maintain the workplace in a clean and tidy order, to meet workplace requirements
- Handle, package, label, store, transport and dispose of food and other waste
- Interpreting the needs of internal/ external customers, reporting and responding
- Working with diverse individuals as an individual and a team member
- The organisation's infection control policies and procedures
- student short course handbook (PDF) - (updating)
- course flyer (PDF)
This one day course is conducted under the auspices and in partnership with STePS Education & Training RTO: 1847
Remote travel is additional to the course cost, and will be quoted on request.