Basic Food Safety
|Location||Course Date||Price||Closing Date||Available||Details||Book|
|Corporate||27 March 2019||$85.00||27 March 2019||12||Details||Book|
Everyone who handles food in your business needs to know how to handle food safely. Before a new staff member starts work as a food handler, they should have the right skills and knowledge in food safety and basic food hygiene. This unaccredited training provides the participant with the skills and knowledge for basic food safety.
Training will be delivered face to face, either on site or at our training rooms. The training is delivered in one session of (2) hours at a time to suit the Facility, or the majority of the participants.
Alternately participants may choose to undertake the accredited Food Safety Supervisors course for a Nationally recognised outcome. For information on accredited training please contact our office or review our accredited courses.
- Food Handling Certificate Course (Level 1) - Food handlers prepare, handle or serve food as part of their job, and must comply with the requirements contained within the Food Act, Australia New Zealand Food Standards Code and the workplace Food Safety Program
- Food Safety Supervisor Course (Level 2) - Food Safety Supervisors must ensure food handlers comply with the requirements contained within the Food Act, Australia New Zealand Food Standards Code and the workplace Food Safety Program
Tutors and learning support:
Training is conducted in English and participants must possess functional written and spoken English skills. The course is delivered by local, qualified Tutors, who hold a current Police Clearance, understand the context of practice and embrace the principles of cultural safety in their teaching.
Fees are payable though the website or at our office by credit card (Visa/MC), cash or purchase order, and may be tax deductible to eligible students. Should the NT Government and industry bodies make Scholarships available, we will assist you to apply.
A 'No Refunds Policy' applies to all online learning courses once you have been issued with your user name and passwords, whether you have accessed the system or not.
Pre-payment secures your enrolment for this course, and all fees must be paid before a Statement of Attainment is issued.
- Classes on campus or at your workplace, on schedule or after hours
- Class size is limited to a max of 10 participants - unless otherwise arranged
- Learning program integrated with the development or review of the FSP is price on application
Remote travel is additional to the course cost, and will be quoted on request
LLN support can be provided to participants, as well as additional face to face time with the trainer/assessor on request.