HLTAID007 Provide advanced resuscitation
|Location||Course Date||Price||Closing Date||Available||Details||Book|
It is a requirement of the NT WorkSafe - First Aid Code of Practice for work environments which have a greater risk of injury and illness due to the nature of work being carried out, and the nature of the hazards at the workplace, to provide additional competencies suitable for high risk workplaces arrangements.
This course provides participants with the knowledge and skill required to use specialised equipment in the provision of resuscitation in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines, is suitable for the general public, students and corporate clients delivered in town or at remote locations, and can be tailored to suit your specific requirements. This HLTAID007 Provide advanced resuscitation course includes training in oxygen administration to an unconscious/conscious casualty, maintenance of resuscitation equipment and application of an oropharyngeal (Guedel) airway adjunct. Additional information on accredited training can be found at Training.gov.au.
Recognition Prior Learning (RPL), Credit Transfer (CT) and National Recognition
The course will be pre-empted by any learning achieved through formal education and training (credit transfer) and learning achieved outside the formal education and training system (RPL), or recognition of AQF qualifications and statements of attainment issued by training organisations registered in any Australian jurisdiction as described in the Student Handbook.
Training and assessment arrangements:
This accredited course is delivered in English (unless otherwise arranged), and offered in one (1) format, which provide participants with the knowledge and skills to confidently recognise and respond to an emergency situation requiring advanced resuscitation. This course is conducted either on site or at our training rooms, at a time to suit the facility or the majority of the participants. Applicants must possess functional written and spoken English skills sufficient to provided an accurate verbal and written report of an incident and post-incident debrief and evaluation.
One Day course when delivered as a separate learning program
Text Books & Learning supportParticipants receive a hard copy Provide Advanced Resuscitation reference book to assist you in maintaining your knowledge over time. Additional support can be provided to participants on request, ie: additional face to face time with the trainer/assessor to complete the theory assessments.
Course subjects:1 competency unit is required for award of this qualification, with content including:
- Principles of First Aid, legal issues
- Infectious Diseases and Hygiene
- Basic anatomy, physiology and toxicology as it relates to the provision of advanced resuscitation
- Management of Conscious and Unconscious Casualties
- Airway Management
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation
- Appropriate duration and cessation of CPR
- Legal requirements of administration of medication and the rights and responsibilities of the First Aider in the workplace regarding medication
- Benefits, contraindications and complications with the use of an oropharyngeal airway
- Providing oxygen to a casualty and of providing suction during the application of advanced resuscitation techniques
- Use of a bag-valve-mask device
- Selection and operation of oxygen masks and other appropriate delivery devices
- Methods for cleaning, replenishing, recharging and maintaining resuscitation and oxygen equipment
- student short course handbook (PDF) - (updating)
- course flyer (PDF)
This course is conducted under the auspices and in partnership with APL Group Pty Ltd RTO 3586 t/as Australian First Aid. Remote travel is additional to the course cost, and will be quoted on request.