HLTAID007 Provide advanced resuscitation
|Location||Course Date||Price||Closing Date||Available||Details||Book|
It is a requirement of the NT WorkSafe - First Aid Code of Practice for work environments which have a greater risk of injury and illness due to the nature of work being carried out, and the nature of the hazards at the workplace, to provide additional competencies suitable for high risk workplaces arrangements.
This course provides participants with the knowledge and skill required to use specialised equipment in the provision of resuscitation in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines, is suitable for the general public, students and corporate clients delivered in town or at remote locations, and can be tailored to suit your specific requirements. This HLTAID007 Provide advanced resuscitation course includes training in oxygen administration to an unconscious/conscious casualty, maintenance of resuscitation equipment and application of an oropharyngeal (Guedel) airway adjunct. Additional information on accredited training can be found at Training.gov.au.
Recognition Prior Learning (RPL), Credit Transfer (CT) and National Recognition
The course will be pre-empted by any learning achieved through formal education and training (credit transfer) and learning achieved outside the formal education and training system (RPL), or recognition of AQF qualifications and statements of attainment issued by training organisations registered in any Australian jurisdiction as described in the Student Handbook.
Training and assessment arrangements:
This accredited course is delivered in English (unless otherwise arranged), and offered in one (1) format, which provide participants with the knowledge and skills to confidently recognise and respond to an emergency situation requiring advanced resuscitation. This course is conducted either on site or at our training rooms, at a time to suit the facility or the majority of the participants. Applicants must possess functional written and spoken English skills sufficient to provided an accurate verbal and written report of an incident and post-incident debrief and evaluation.
One Day course when delivered as a separate learning program
Fees are payable though the website or at our office by credit card (Visa/MC), cash or purchase order, and may be tax deductible to eligible students. Should the NT Government and industry bodies make Scholarships available, we will assist you to apply.
A 'No Refunds Policy' applies to all online learning courses once you have been issued with your user name and passwords, whether you have accessed the system or not.
Pre-payment secures your enrolment for this course, and all fees must be paid before a Statement of Attainment is issued.
- Classes on campus or at your workplace, on schedule or after hours
- Class size is limited to a max of 12 participants - unless otherwise arranged
- Remote travel is additional to the course cost, and will be quoted on request
Text Books & Learning support
Participants receive a hard copy Emergency First Aid reference book with over 250 pages of information to assist you in maintaining your knowledge over time, up to advanced level's of First Aid. LLN support can be provided to participants on request, which includes additional face to face time with the trainer/assessor
1 competency unit is required for award of this qualification, with content including:
- Principles of First Aid, legal issues
- Infectious Diseases and Hygiene
- Basic anatomy, physiology and toxicology as it relates to the provision of advanced resuscitation
- Management of Conscious and Unconscious Casualties
- Airway Management
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation
- Appropriate duration and cessation of CPR
- Legal requirements of administration of medication and the rights and responsibilities of the First Aider in the workplace regarding medication
- Benefits, contraindications and complications with the use of an oropharyngeal airway
- Providing oxygen to a casualty and of providing suction during the application of advanced resuscitation techniques
- Use of a bag-valve-mask device
- Selection and operation of oxygen masks and other appropriate delivery devices
- Methods for cleaning, replenishing, recharging and maintaining resuscitation and oxygen equipment
Also encompassing use of the Automated External Defibrillation (AED) and special needs of remote area practice.
To assist you in making an informed decision on your course, contact our office, or by browse the TGA website at www.training.gov.au
LLN support can be provided to participants, as well as additional face to face time with the trainer/assessor on request.
This course is conducted under the auspices and in partnership with APL Group Pty Ltd RTO 3586 t/as Australian First Aid.